Sunday, September 14, 2008

We have poopage!

Well, many of you have written asking how the potty training was going.....truth be told it hasn't. The two-year old class he was in at daycare didn't do anything to re-inforce training so we've been kind of waiting for him to move up so that we would have some carryover from school to home. Well, that time has come. He promoted into the new class a couple of weeks ago and has been peeing sporadically at home in the potty. Every night last week, before bedtime, i would make him sit on the potty. All but 1 night he did go. Well yesterday, I decided that we were going to spend the day in pull-ups and really concentrate on taking him to the potty. We got up yesterday morning and before we got in the bath I put him on the potty. I took his pj's into the other room to put them in the hamper and came back and he had "that look" on his face and I knew what he was doing! I was so excited since many have told me that mastering pooping is harder than mastering peeing! He did very well yesterday with his pull-ups. We went to the bathroom every 1.5 - 2 hours and he went every time except one and his pull-ups were dry except once. I did put him in a diaper for nap time and he fought with me about it - he wanted his pull-up on! Today, we went to Zaxbys to eat after church and he got "that look" again and Richie rushed him into the bathroom and he pooped in the big potty!!! My little boy is growing up so fast. Just thought I would share this exciting milestone!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yipee for Michael! I am still praying for you and your mom. I am praying for a great week. I am praying for weight gain for your mom and a "happy" week. I am also still thanking Jesus you had positive test results last week.