Sunday, August 17, 2008

My New Job

Well, I finally started my new job last week. For those of you that don't know, I resigned from my job at the nursing home where I have been for the past (almost) four years. As many of you know, I have not been happy there for a while and this whole experience with Caden has just made me realize that life is too short not to be happy so I began searching for a new job. Actually I was just looking for some extra PRN work and this job kind of fell into my lap and I couldn't turn it down! I am working for a contract company, which means I am not in one location every day. I am out and about in various places all the time. My schedule changes day to day and I love it!! I had gotten very bored and burned out at the nursing home and this is giving me the changes and new experiences that I was craving. Last week I did hospital work, home health, a child care center for special needs children, and outpatient. This week I am doing more home health, the child care center, possibly some schools, and more hospital work. My daily schedule is flexibile and three days last week I was able to sleep in, take Michael to school, and eat breakfast with my husband all before going to work-and still got home at a decent time in the afternoon! I love it!! I do miss my patients at the nursing home and most of my co-workers. However, after four years, it was time for a change. Just wanted to let you guys know, since many of you have been emailing me wanting to know how it's going. Thanks for all the prayers as I have made this transition!

1 comment:

The Overstreets said...

Congratulations! Life is too short not to do something you enjoy. Good for you!