Friday, August 21, 2009

Family Photos

As most of (the few of) you who read this blog know, my mom passsed away last Saturday, August 15th - 4 days after Maggie was born. We had lots of family come in for the funeral and took the opportunity to take some family photos with our newest addition!

Richie, Michael, Richie's dad - Papa (Roy), and Maggie

Proud Papa and his grandchildren, Michael and Maggie

My grandfather, Joe, with Maggie

The first and last photo of my mommy with her new granddaughter - these were taken on Friday afternoon before she died on Saturday. I will cherish them forever.


4 comments:

Holly said...

You have scarcely left my mind for the last week. I have been extra-emotional for the past week, re-living my own agony as I think of what you are going through. The pictures of your mom with Miss Maggie are indescribably precious.

The Overstreets said...

Traci,

I'm sorry we didn't get to spend more time with you this week. You have been on my mind daily. Your Mom was a very special lady who had a greater impact on my life than even I realized until her beautiful memorial on Tuesday. She was very much loved and so are you. I'm praying for you.

With love,
Casey

Amanda said...

I've been praying for your family this week. I'm so glad that your mom was able to hold Maggie. I agree that the photos are precious.

Candi said...

Traci, I just checked in to see how Maggie was doing and saw the news. My heart breaks for you all. It's been a rough couple of years for your family. I will continue to pray peace over you all. Candi (from Cleveland Care)